Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Summer's Going Fast

I just blinked and the summer has flown by me.  Granted it’s been a fun-filled summer of Psychology 235, doing my first clinical observation, and playing outside as much as I can. 

Austin and I volunteered at the Boulder 70.3 Ironman this past weekend.  It was so inspiring to see all the athletes who’ve worked so hard for the past year or more training for this single event.  I can imagine all the time in the pool, on the bike, and on the track that they’ve put in.  I feel very inspired to do my own 70.3 Ironman. 

In the past few days, I’ve been searching for a race that Austin and I could do together.  I know that we have one right here in Boulder but it’s a hot, hot, hot course.  I know that heat and I don’t get on too well.  I’ve been pondering when, where, training, logistics, and expenses of the whole thing.  It’s a huge deal….anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.  Just the investigation of the whole idea left me with a stomach ache yesterday. 

I know that we all get caught up in thinking about our next big race, the one we haven’t signed up for; but I too have to bring myself back to the tri and the half marathon coming up in Sept and Oct.  I have plenty of things to keep me busy right now.  I need to rein in my future thinking to things that are more closely in front of me.  I’ll have time to decide if one of the 70.3 races will work for us, but if I don’t get out on more runs and bikes, I’ll be in a world of hurt for my sprint tri….and half marathon. 

“I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present.  That’s where the fun is.”  Donald Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment